Why Mediate in Singapore?
- An independent neutral third-country venue consistently ranked within top 5 in the world for neutrality in the Corruption Perceptions Index.
- A flourishing multicultural society, with excellent legal and technological expertise as well as language fluency.
- Centrally located in Southeast Asia with more than 100 airlines flying to 300 cities worldwide.
- An open economy that has ranked first for nine consecutive years for ease of doing business.
- A cosmopolitan city that hosts over 7,000 multinational companies.
- Strong tradition of the rule of law, supported by a world-class judiciary that has garnered numerous accolades in international surveys.
- State-of-the-art facilities and amenities to support the conduct of mediation at Maxwell Chambers, Asia’s largest integrated dispute resolution complex.
- Access to experienced international mediators at lower costs.
An International Organisation that Understands Your Needs
- SIMC is headed by an international Board of Directors comprising eminent mediation practitioners,
business users and industry stakeholders.
- SIMC’s panel of mediators comprises over 65 experienced and respected mediators from Africa, Asia, Australasia, Europe as well as North and South America.
- SIMC also has an international panel of over 65 technical experts from various industry sectors who can assist the mediator in complex commercial disputes involving technical questions.
- An executive team with a distinctive blend of backgrounds and wealth of experiences, as well as a
shared belief in the benefits of amicable dispute resolution, runs SIMC.
SIMC Facilitates Efficient and Effective Dispute Resolution
- SIMC offers professional case management services under the SIMC Mediation Rules, including a
competitive and transparent fee structure.
- We arrange all the logistics, facilities and services for mediations at state-of-the-art premises in
Maxwell Chambers, which offers customised mediation suites.
- SIMC can assist to appoint a suitable mediator from SIMC’s panel of mediators in the event that parties
are unable to jointly nominate a mediator.
- Mediation at SIMC comes with the unique benefit of enforceability:
- Settlement agreements may be made consent awards under an Arb-Med-Arb Protocol between
the Singapore International Arbitration Centre and SIMC.
- Legislative changes are being considered to allow mediated settlements to be enforced as
orders of court.